Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Connected by wires

As you can tell from pretty much all the pictures I post on here, I walk around my neighborhood a lot. Lately I can't help but notice all of the telephone poles and wires and direct TV satellite things all over the place (because they often get in my frame when I'm shooting). These things really stand out to me now... kind of in an eerie way. The poles that line the streets remind me of a vine. The wires on the poles grow out in every direction, they form buds which bloom in to houses and office buildings. These wires and poles and satellites usually go unnoticed to most people because they are just so normal... they are everywhere. To me they represent the grid we are plugged into and the myriad of ways we are connected.

























Danielson, CT

1 comment:

  1. Wires are everywhere, I feel like most people don't even notice them. I really like looking at (and photographing) trees that are misshapen because of power lines or telephone poles. Just one of the many ways that we are messing with nature

    ReplyDelete