Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January 2013

Hello. I guess I owe an explanation for the one month hiatus.

I don't have one.

But I'm back.

No more nonsense.



This was January...





















































I have been asking myself, what do I want to photograph?

Well, the answer to that question may change daily, but no matter what I am always photographing my life. This just donned on me the other day when Seamus and I were talking about the idea of anonymous art and wondering whether or not it matters to the viewer if they know anything about the person who made the art. I don't want that to matter in my work. No one needs to know my name. What matters is the second in which I photographed. And that second is gone. But the photograph remains.

When I look back on all the pictures I've taken over the past three years I see a part of a life. I see a story. Of course it is near impossible to detach myself from the pictures... of course I see my own story... and the idea of photographing my story is becoming more exciting. I used to dream of being one of those photographers who ran all over the world making pictures but maybe the pictures I need to make are here with me. Maybe this life is the story I should tell.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! Where have these been hiding all month? on a memory card I presume :) I love your little essay. It makes me want to photograph even more! very inspirational, Abigail. I like how easily you seem to capture moments. I feel like I'm always striving to do that, but I'm surrounded by people who want want to be photographed. You have such a good eye for detail! AHH, i love them all.

    ReplyDelete