Saturday, February 9, 2013

NEMO

...a post every day. I just can't do it. But I can promise to post every week with a bunch of pictures.

I have been suffering from financial woes (who hasn't been?) but as soon as I get some extra cash I'm buying a bunch 'o film! My goal is to ONLY shoot film. Then I really will only be able to post a couple times a week. I don't own a scanner so I'm at the mercy of my old schools photo lab or a friend who wants to help me out.... or CDs...

Anyway, at the beginning of winter I decided to do a snow series. This is my fourth winter up in CT but snow is still fascinating to me... it's like this weird stuff that falls from the sky and physically gets in our way. It can be fun and be dangerous all in the same day. It covers things up and makes them unrecognizable. It takes up lanes and gets dirty and icy. It is also one of the most beautiful phenomena I have experienced.
So far this winter the snow has been kind powdery and we haven't gotten any significant accumulation. So Hurricane Nemo was a huge blessing for me.
The following pictures were all taken in my neighborhood in Danielson, CT.









I really like this one above. This picture made me realize that the snow creates this cool negative space. Everything looks like it is just there floating.





































The last one is just a sketch from when we were shoveling out our cars. I like the idea of light shining through the snow. It looked really cool in person.

2 comments:

  1. So many good things going on here! the light shining through the snow in this last one looks really neat, we should bury our cars in snow just to do that.... thinking about that and it's probably not a good idea. I really love these all! I'm trying to pick a favorite, and I'm thinking the tree and the window, but that's typical me picking there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I take a picture of a tree I think of you. You are like the Tree Girl to me. Haha. I would love to bury my car in snow with you!

    ReplyDelete