Monday, February 11, 2013

Last week

I had Seamus come out and shoot with me! It's so much fun when you realize your boyfriend is cooler than you thought he was.

These pictures are all sketches for this idea I have. I want to move into landscape photography, but like, put people in the landscape. Occupied landscapes. I want to contrast the difference in scale of the people to the environment in the frame. To play with this idea I needed a model. The natural first subject is oneself or ones mate... or both.

Seamus and I had fun using the camera timer. We tried to run to a specific spot within 10 seconds. We didn't make it the first time but the resulting image is wonderful.





Then we ran to a closer spot.



The image above is strange. I feel like my body looks weird where it is because the bottom half is cut off, but I still like this picture for some reason.



I like this one of Seamus playing with his shadow. His shadow stretching away with the trees shadows is kind of nice.





These pictures were all taken in Pomfret, CT.

1 comment:

  1. I love the last one! So much romance ;) The one of the back of Seamus' head is great too. I really like the idea of people in a landscape, I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Also I will model for you!

    ReplyDelete